Thursday, 28 February 2013

Poppy's Horse Ride

​As I swung myself up onto my horse, Opal, I suddenly felt very high. Opal suddenly shook her head, braying softly as her elegant mane swiftly flicked away the delicate flies. With my feet trapped in their metal slips I looked up trembling. But that was not the end. Opal abruptly lifted her hoof before plodding it hard into the ground then leaping off into a really... slow trot. I was being abruptly jolted around with Opal's undulating body. *In the midst of all the excitement of my first horse ride Opal stopped and as I sat there (slightly glad I was still) wondering what was wrong. I briefly saw an uneven brown pile flop ungraciously like slinky falling down the stairs towards the impending grassy knoll. Yuck. **I had an annoying kid riding me today and we were just on our boring old ride we do everyday, so I stopped to do a poo then watched it roll down the rocky path. Opal was constantly careering towards the rocky edge of the paths towards the gnarled littering trees on the crumbling bank.I looked down and saw the face of Madame Palmer. Madame Palmer have you been flirting?

*My perspective 
**Opals perspective 

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! And FUNNY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So deliciously written Poppy - this is hilarious and beautiful all in the same breath. Did you know Malachy rode the same horse too. I don't think he got to experience the 'uneven brown pile' though... :-)

    ReplyDelete