Story about my birth
When I was born, my name 'Niroj' was given by my dad. My name came from something called 'Numerology'. Numerology is a 'lucky' number system. A name was made based on the time and date a baby is born on. I was born on the 12th April 2001 at 6:00am, in the morning from Greenlane's National Women's Hospital. My big sister says my birth was 'exciting' as she really wanted me to come out from day 1! On 31st April 2001, I had my special naming ceremony (called a 'Pooja') that happened in a temple where priests do special chanting called 'mantras'. A mantra is when you chant or basically pray to the Hindu gods in a language called 'Sanskrit' (The divine language of the gods).
The priest whispered my name in my ear to show the remembrance of the baby's name, and so that my mind would respond to it. My sister then later took my tiny hands and traced the first letter of the Tamil alphabet (அ -Ahna) into the rice on a silver plate that had been blessed by the deity. This is done so that the baby is able to receive divine knowledge and is able to be educated well. Education is highly regarded in my culture, that we have a goddess that we pray to that helps us to give the meanings of education. This goddesses name is ‘Saraswati'.
My name is Niroj Sivarajah. It is a very unique, short, and stylish name with a beautiful meaning to it.
Niroj means 'a beautiful lotus' and my last name 'Sivarajah' is named after the supreme god of Hindu religion 'Shiva'.
In English/Tamil:
The priest whispered my name in my ear to show the remembrance of the baby's name, and so that my mind would respond to it. My sister then later took my tiny hands and traced the first letter of the Tamil alphabet (அ -Ahna) into the rice on a silver plate that had been blessed by the deity. This is done so that the baby is able to receive divine knowledge and is able to be educated well. Education is highly regarded in my culture, that we have a goddess that we pray to that helps us to give the meanings of education. This goddesses name is ‘Saraswati'.
My name is Niroj Sivarajah. It is a very unique, short, and stylish name with a beautiful meaning to it.
Niroj means 'a beautiful lotus' and my last name 'Sivarajah' is named after the supreme god of Hindu religion 'Shiva'.
In English/Tamil:
- English:'Niroj'-Tamil:'நிரோஜ் '
- English:'Sivarajah'-Tamil'சிவராஜா'
Nice job done, Niroj!!!
ReplyDeleteOmg that's so cool Niroj
ReplyDeleteOmg,you guys!!! I knew you loved it and thanks for your 'supportive' comments! I thought Bex's email address is 'rebeccam14@kts.school.nz' and how Bex's blogger name is 'bex12'?
ReplyDeleteHope 'YOU' guys have a 'GREAT' Sunday for today!!! :D :D :D
Sorry...I meant 'how come Bex's blogger name is 'bex12'?
DeleteMabye she is 12 years old, I guess.
DeleteMabye she is 12 years old, I guess.
DeleteOh! That's what I also thought too! I am 12 years old also! Ironic, right?
Delete